I never understood people who went out and bought a whole new outfit for holidays, particularly ones like Fourth of July or St. Patricks Day. Purchasing explicitly holiday themed items has always seemed strange to me. I’ve never been the type to rock the American Flag on a t-shirt or even invest in an ugly christmas sweater. I like my clothes to work year round, or at least for the full season they are designed for. So I threw together this list of Etsy curated items that will work great for your 4th of July festivities, without making you look like the party decorations.
1. Ok, so this is more overtly patriotic than subtle, but isn’t this Vintage 48 Star Flag via Heja Home just the coolest?
2. This Lapis Totem Cuff by LaurelHill is amazonian goddess awesome.
3. Every wardrobe should have something akin to this Cherry Red Dooney and Bourke Purse via Box of Hollyhocks. Works. With. Everything.
4. Slip this 90s Vintage Cream Cotton Dress from Decades on over your swim suit when the sun gets low in the evening.
5. I am really no fan of being cold, so I would probably bring some jeans, like these Vintage Shredded Denim Levis 501 from Maeven Vintage, to slip into before the fireworks go off.
6. Patriotic or motivational? Maybe both? Guts and Glory Tapestry by Belles and Ghosts.
7. Denver is a classically American city, and this Vintage “Loved in Denver” Baseball T-Shirt from Raggedy Threads is just plain classic.
8. The Blue Devine Bralette could probably pass for a bikini top. From KateXTee.
9. A little pop of red brings in the our nations favorite primary color with this Hot Red Necklace from Wire Fox Jewelry.
10. I actually plan to wear this Gold Star Headband from Bloom Design Studio every damn day. Practicality be damned.
11. This snuggly red Aztec Poncho via PIYOYO will keep you warm as the night wears on.
12. Draw some inspiration from the classic American pin up and throw a cute Navy and White Polka Dot Headscarf on, like this one from Sassy Stitches by Lori.
13. There are so many craft brews coming out this summer and choosing between them all can be kind of tough. Expand your options with this Dual Beer Glass from the aptly named Pretentious Beer Glass.
14. Every living room needs a badass Vintage Metal Eagle Wall Hanging. Period. Haven Vintage will totally back me up on this.
15. Beach hair is the best. Beach hair that smells like strawberries? Uhm, yes please. Strawberry Beach Waves – 8oz from The Gnarly Whale
What are you doing for the Fourth?